Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh My Shirt


What is the most essential key item in a man's wardrobe??
A shirt apparently.
Since high school, I've always counted on a nice shirt to dress up without being too dressed up, later on in life, I found out that I can also dress it down to a spectacular effect!!! lol
It is also the reason why I decided to just go with shirts for my 1st menswear collection since graduation.

Strangely enough, I wasn't the only fashion designer thinking this way. During the Fall collection (which by the way is all about layering) some designers decided to go the other way, stripping everything down into a simple shirt. Fall collection has never been more kind to tropical country like Indonesia.


Raf Simmons for Jil Sander went all the way slick and modern with his selection of shirt. This baby blue one is my favorite. I love the patch detail on the pocket, functional yet chic!

Ricardo Tisci for Givenchy started off his collection with a series of white shirts. I love white shirt since it's the chicest way to do cool. And his shirts are way awesome, and well cut, which adds another extra points.

DSquared2 bad-ass boys with punched out and bleeding face also put the f in Fabulous. I particularly love this white shirt with sequined shawl detail. It's badass fabulosity.

The always-historicized John Galliano opt for a quirky way to show off his technicality and skill. Pairing his fabulous shirt with a male corset is just freaky fabulous!!

So shirt it up, believe me everyone looks good in a well cut shirt!

(images from gq.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment